BENEDMO (hereinafter: “we”) processes personal data of the visitors of its website (https://benedmo.eu/). We do this to provide the best possible service to our visitors and partners and to achieve our objectives. In this privacy statement, we explain why and how we process your personal data.
PRIVACY STATEMENT EDMO.NL
Who are we?
The website BENEDMO.EU is an initiative of the Dutch/Flemish EDMO hub, called BENEDMO. This regional hub of experts in the Netherlands and Belgium investigates and combats misinformation.
BENEDMO is not registered at the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce because it is not a legal entity. The Netherlands Institute for Sound & Vision acts as our coordinator and is registered under the following KVK number: 41194855.
We have our office in the building of the Netherlands Institute of Sound & Vision at Media Parkboulevard 1, 1217 WE, in Hilversum.
Your personal data will be treated with utmost confidentiality and it will be protected appropriately. In doing so, we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (AVG) and other applicable regulations. To clearly understand what we process and why, you can read the following frequently asked questions:
What personal data do we process?
We process the following personal data:
● E-mail address
● Job title
How do we obtain personal data?
We obtain your personal data when you fill in the registration form on the website.
Why do we process personal data?
We process personal data in order to give you feedback on your contact request. We also use your personal data when you sign up for the newsletter or a convention, or when you contribute to a convention.
On what basis do we use personal data?
The following legal grounds apply when we process your personal data for the aforementioned purposes:
● The legitimate interest we have in (improving) our services and the website.
● Consent in case of sending a newsletter.
● Execution of agreement in case of organising conventions.
For how long do we keep your personal data?
We do not retain your data any longer than legally permitted, legally required and/or necessary for the purposes for which the data is processed. How long certain data are retained depends on the nature of the data and the purposes for which they are processed. The retention period may, therefore, differ for each purpose.
Will your data be shared with other parties?
We work together with marketing(research)agencies and use Google Analytics. Sometimes we are required by law to provide personal data to third parties, such as tax authorities.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights:
● Right to information and access: you can ask us what data we have about you and how we use it.
● Right to rectification: do you think we have the wrong information about you? Please let us know and we will correct it for you.
● Right to oblivion: you can ask us to delete the data we have on you. In most cases, we will comply with this request; however, we may still need to process the data for other purposes (e.g. administration)
● Right to restriction: if you believe that we are unlawfully or improperly processing your data, you can also ask us to stop using your data until this has been rectified.
● Right to object: you can object to the use or storage of your data. We will then see if we can cease this or if we can delete your data. Does it concern use for marketing purposes? If so, we will cease processing the data as soon as possible.
● Right to transfer: You can ask us to transfer the data we are processing on your behalf.
You can also:
● File a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (DPA): Do you think that we are not acting in accordance with the rules? If so, please let us know. You can contact us about this via firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also submit a complaint about this to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
What about data security?
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your data from leakage and from being used in violation of the rules. We are constantly informed about the current state of technical security of personal data and we will do everything in our power to prevent personal data from being lost or used in an unlawful manner.
Any further questions?
If you have any questions about our processing of personal data, or if you want to exercise one or more of the rights granted to you by law, please contact our Data Protection Officer, who can be reached via the following correspondence address:
attn: Privacy Officer
Media Parkboulevard 1
1217 WE Hilversum
Email Address: email@example.com
Please note: if you are under the age of 16 and wish to contact us about any of the above, the request must be made by your legal representatives (your parents or your guardian).